This topic describes how to send us aditional information on the crash reports.
We are doing our best to find and quickly fix all possible issues in the software. Unfortunately it is not possible to create "ideal" software,
which works without any problems. So, if xlCompiler crashes on your PC, please do the following:
When the crash happens xlCompiler produces and saves on disk additional information (Dump File). It describes context of this event - fault address, module, call stack.
This is standard windows dump file. It doesn't contain any private information from your PC. You can send it to us safely.
We need this information to quickly identify place where the crash happens. In this case we can fix issue in a minutes!
- Open Windows Explorer and type %TEMP% in the address bar and hit Enter
- Windows Explorer should open AppData\Local\Temp folder. This is TEMP folder associated with your User Account in Windows
- Find xlCompiler subfolder and open it.
- All Dump Files are stored in this folder and name of every file contains date and time of crash event.
- Find the file which corresponds to the time of the crash you've got.
- E-Mail us this file.
This operation will take less than a minute, but it is a great help for us in improving the software.