DATEDIFF function calculates difference between 2 dates in a variety of different intervals.
This function is not present in the Microsoft Excel documentation, but it is widely used in the spreadsheet models.
DATEDIFF ( Date1, Date2, Interval )
- Date1 - first date
- Date2 - second date
- Interval - defines type of the interval to return
Interval could be one of the following values:
- m - (Month) Complete calendar month
- d - (Days) Number of days
- y - (Years) Complete calendar years
- ym - (Month in the same year) the number of months between 2 dates if there were in the same year
- yd - (Days in the same year) the number of days between 2 dates if there were in the same year
- md - (Days in the same month and year) the number of days if the were in the same month and year